What is Hospice Palliative Care?
- It’s compassionate care for individuals with life threatening illnesses and for their families
- It relieves physical, psychosocial & spiritual suffering
- It’s done by specialized professionals and volunteers
- It can be given in homes, health-centres, hospitals and hospices
- It improves quality of life
- It manages symptoms and pain
- It helps the health care system by reducing unnecessary hospital admissions
The Dorothy Ley Hospice’s staff and volunteers offer compassionate palliative care to individuals who are living with the challenges of a life-limiting illness and loss. Our goal is to help manage people’s pain so they can live life to the fullest with dignity, meaning and hope.
Hospice care is about choice. We work with individuals and their caregivers to develop individualized care plans that enhance quality of life by meeting their physical, emotional, spiritual and practical needs.