What is Hospice Palliative Care?
Hospice palliative care is more than end-of-life care. It’s an approach to care that aims to provide comfort and improve quality of life through whole person-centred care.
With a palliative approach to care, you are supported to make the choices that are right for you and your family from the moment you are diagnosed with a serious illness and throughout the weeks, months and even years you may be living with the illness. Our role is to walk beside you.
- Compassionate care for individuals with serious illnesses and for their families
- Relieves physical, psychosocial & spiritual suffering
- Done by specialized professionals and volunteers
- Can be given in homes, health centres, hospitals and hospices
- Improves quality of life, reduces anxiety and can lead to a longer life
- Manages symptoms and pain
- Helps the health care system by reducing unnecessary hospital admissions